Tuesday, March 25, 2014

My Life, that was never Mine

What do I see, that I saw
Life that was built on fantasies
My world as it appeared
The journey that ultimately manifested

Striving to work toward the life I saw
Foregoing the joys in the life that was
Forgetting this is life too, today,
Tomorrow looked prettier and I worked a little harder

What did I gain, that I had assumed lost
Tunes and it's lyrics that did not sync
Life and it's story that belonged to me,
That I longed for it to weave together

Belonged to another was mine,
All that was mine, I refused to accept
What the world was, I yearned for
As the world continued to seek mine

Hoping for happiness, discontent with satisfaction
Defined not by smiles that bring tears
Nor loud laughter that never seized
I look back today, what do I see?

Life filled with joy, World discontent with their own
Seeking the lyrics for my tune,
Forgetting that what was my own, 
Words and music that formed a song

I look back... I see the lives
Of missed happiness, Unaccepted love
Longing moments, uncherished memories
Life that was my own, that never belonged to me...

2 comments:

  1. Well done.....excellent writing....you have to start consolidating it into a book or something

    ReplyDelete
  2. As always... very beautifully written. intense in meaning.. life that was my own.. that never belonged to me! absolutely wonderful. Spellbound by your thoughts and meaning intense....keep writing... love you

    ReplyDelete